Outgoing Governors Jack Ranguma, Julius Malombe and Daniel Waithaka Skip Swearing in Ceremonies
Three outgoing governors have skipped the swearing-in ceremonies for their successors.
Ranguma was succeeded by former Kisumu Senator Anyang’ Nyong’o, Malombe by former Lands Cabinet Secretary (CS) Charity Ngilu while Waithaka was succeeded by former Secretary to the Cabinet Francis Kimemia.
Ranguma and Waithaka have indicated their intentions to challenge the election results which they claim were rigged in favour of their competitors.
Kidero abandoned his earlier call for a vote recount and wished the new governor well during his tenure.
“I promised a smooth transition and I have no problem referring to Mike Sonko as my Governor,” he stated.
He added that his term as the first governor of Nairobi was hard and acknowledged that he had accepted the will of the people.
Other governors sworn in on Monday include Alex Tolgos (Elgeyo Marakwet), Dhadho Godhana (Tana River), James Ongwae (Kisii), Wilber Otichilo (Vihiga), Jackson Mandago (Uasin Gishu), Kivutha Kibwana (Makueni), Okoth Obado (Migori) and Sospeter Ojaamong (Busia).
- 11 December 2018 - 3:01 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:42 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:02 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:52 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:10 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 12:45 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:29 am
- 11 December 2018 - 12:30 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:55 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:16 am
- 11 December 2018 - 10:52 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:12 am