Nairobi Deputy Governor Polycarp Igathe has expressed his disappointment over the working conditions and the state of the County offices.
During his first visit to the County headquarters a day after assuming office, Igathe noted that the county staffers had been operating in a poor environment.
“How do you work in a place like this? You know what to do. There should be proper windows and good chairs for people to use. We will have to renovate all these," he stated.
He also noted that the county offices lacked proper ventilation while others had dilapidated walls and worn out tiles.
The former Vivo Energy Kenya Managing Director was also disappointed after he came across the portrait of former Governor Evans Kidero on the wall of one of the offices.
"Don't you know who your governor is?" he asked the workers.
Speaking at the County offices, Mr Igathe noted that a lot of changes must be made in regard to the state of the buildings and the furniture of most of the county offices.
Among the offices he visited are the rates, accounts, audit, human resource and urban planning offices.
During the visit, the deputy governor was accompanied by outgoing Public Service Management executive Mercy Kamau and Chief officer Leboo ole Morintat.
The two have promised to restore Nairobi's lost glory.
- most high26 June 2022 - 7:50 pm
- Avoidance26 June 2022 - 6:45 pm
- Triumphant26 June 2022 - 4:41 pm
- Revealed26 June 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Godsend26 June 2022 - 5:19 pm
- Comeback26 June 2022 - 3:24 pm
- Unfortunate26 June 2022 - 1:01 pm
- Details26 June 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Gloves off26 June 2022 - 1:49 pm
- Take Note26 June 2022 - 11:51 am
- Revealed26 June 2022 - 10:48 am
- On the spot26 June 2022 - 9:37 am