Embakasi East Member of Parliament (MP) Paul Ongili alias Babu Owino has indicated that his life is under threat.
Owino on Wednesday claimed that Jubilee operatives had decided to push his rival Francis Mureithi to file a petition challenging his win as the party's latest attempt to stop him after death threats failed.
"Jubilee has opted to push one Mureithi to file a petition against me after their plans to slow me down through death threats failed," the former Nairobi University students leader stated.
Babu Owino defeated Mr Mureithi in the August 8th polls after garnering 33,760 votes against Mureithi's 31,511.
Mureithi yesterday filed a petition at the High Court challenging Babu's election.
[caption caption="The petition filed by Francis Mureithi"][/caption]
Babu Owino excited Parliament at his recent swearing-in after he pledged allegiance to Raila Odinga and ended his speech with the campaign term he coined, 'Tibim.'
His Oath of Office had to be retaken.
At the National Super Alliance rally in Mathare on Sunday, Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho announced that Mr Owino would be deployed as an agent in Kiambu in the forthcoming elections.
Mureithi was in the news during the campaign season for alleged voter bribery. At a time when maize flour the product was scarce and expensive, a video emerged of the candidate issuing Embakasi residents with packets of Unga.
His petition sees him join a long list of disgruntled losers in the August 8th Election.
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am
- Trouble24 October 2020 - 8:24 am