Embakasi East Member of Parliament (MP) Paul Ongili alias Babu Owino has indicated that his life is under threat.
Owino on Wednesday claimed that Jubilee operatives had decided to push his rival Francis Mureithi to file a petition challenging his win as the party's latest attempt to stop him after death threats failed.
"Jubilee has opted to push one Mureithi to file a petition against me after their plans to slow me down through death threats failed," the former Nairobi University students leader stated.
Babu Owino defeated Mr Mureithi in the August 8th polls after garnering 33,760 votes against Mureithi's 31,511.
Mureithi yesterday filed a petition at the High Court challenging Babu's election.
[caption caption="The petition filed by Francis Mureithi"][/caption]
Babu Owino excited Parliament at his recent swearing-in after he pledged allegiance to Raila Odinga and ended his speech with the campaign term he coined, 'Tibim.'
His Oath of Office had to be retaken.
At the National Super Alliance rally in Mathare on Sunday, Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho announced that Mr Owino would be deployed as an agent in Kiambu in the forthcoming elections.
Mureithi was in the news during the campaign season for alleged voter bribery. At a time when maize flour the product was scarce and expensive, a video emerged of the candidate issuing Embakasi residents with packets of Unga.
His petition sees him join a long list of disgruntled losers in the August 8th Election.
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new directive25 September 2020 - 2:14 pm
- in the cold25 September 2020 - 1:52 pm
- Congrats!25 September 2020 - 12:59 pm
- exquisite25 September 2020 - 12:53 pm
- stay woke25 September 2020 - 11:57 am
- Power play25 September 2020 - 11:30 am
- barricaded25 September 2020 - 11:24 am
- Infuriated25 September 2020 - 10:27 am
- Cancelled25 September 2020 - 9:19 am
- claims25 September 2020 - 8:57 am