One Killed as Jubilee Politician's Bodyguard Survives Deadly Shooting
A clearing agent was Tuesday night shot dead and a Jubilee politician's bodyguard seriously injured after a vehicle was attacked by unknown assailants and sprayed with bullets in Mombasa's Tudor area.
The bodyguard was taken to the Coast General Hospital where a stray bullet lodged in his back was removed. His condition is stable.
Reports indicate that he is the bodyguard of Fareed Swaleh, Jubilee Coast Co-ordinator and a director at Royal Hisham Transport Limited.
The clearing agent, who appeared to be the target of the attack, was found slumped in the driver's seat.
He died on the spot.
Police arrived on the scene and cordoned off the area as shocked residents gathered, forming a large crowd.
Urban Police Chief Lucas Ogara stated that the clearing agent was driving home when the attack took place.
On the motive of the mysterious killing, Ogara noted: "It's an organized crime where the attackers trailed the businessman before spraying his vehicle with bullets. He was shot more than seven times with intention to eliminate him."
He promised that investigations into the incident would commence immediately.
- September 20, 2018 - 3:44 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:12 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:20 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:10 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:42 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:00 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 1:58 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 1:14 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 1:10 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 11:35 am
- September 20, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 11:23 am