High Court Judge Lucy Gitari on Wednesday dismissed the election petition filed by Martha Karua challenging the Kirinyaga gubernatorial results.
Justice Gitari termed the petition against the election of Governor Anne Waiguru as incurable, defective and hopeless.
"The former Gichugu MP's case is 'hopeless, defective and incurable'," the High court judge noted.
The court also found that Ms Karua failed to comply with election petition rules by omitting the election results and dates declared.
However, Ms Karua announced she will appeal against the ruling and demanded to be supplied with certified copies of proceedings.
[caption caption="Governor Anne Waiguru and President Kenyata"][/caption]
She also suspected foul play in the ruling owing to the postponement of the ruling which was scheduled to be delivered on Monday
Waiguru had filed an application through her lawyer Paul Nyamodi, arguing the petition was presented in an irregular manner.
In the previous hearings, Karua had been allowed access to KIEMS kits in the presence of all the parties involved in the case and the High Court's registrar.
The Judge had also ordered the IEBC to present forms 37A and B used to tally votes to allow them to allow the petitioner scrutinize them.
Karua, through her lawyer Gitobu Imanyara, told the court that most of the forms had discrepancies and were forged.
The NARC-K leader further argued that 37,000 votes were irregularly added to the final tally in Waiguru's favor.
[caption caption="Martha Karua and her lawyer Gitobu Imanyara"][/caption]
In an affidavit presented in court, Ms Karua stated that the gubernatorial election was not credible, free and fair, arguing that there were various incidences of voter bribery and that her agents were locked out of polling stations.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm