National Super Alliance (NASA) CEO Norman Magaya has missed out on the lucrative East Africa Legislative Assembly (EALA) position.
During a parliament session held on Thursday, the National Assembly elected the final nine representatives who will join the regional assembly.
The final tally for the Opposition candidates was 309 votes for Kennedy Musyoka, Oburu Oginga with 243, Abdikadir Aden with 235 and Fatuma Ibrahim with 142 votes. The four will now join the regional assembly.
[caption caption="Kennedy Musyoka shaking hands with Senate Clerk Jeremiah Nyegenye and National Assembly Clerk Michael Sialai"][/caption]
Former Commission on Implementation of the Constitution (CIC) Chairman Charles Nyachae who had been nominated by the Jubilee party also lost out on the appointments.
The Jubilee party's five nominees are former Kamukunji MP Simon Mbugua (286 votes), Florence Jematia (252 votes), Mpuru Aburi (208 votes) and Wanjiku Muihia (180 votes) and Noor Aden (192 votes).
Nominees who missed out from the National Super Alliance (NASA) list are Abubakar Zain, Beth Mutunga, Loy Mwandi Maviala, Justus Muchoge, Jane Marwa and Angela Munyasya.
During a past interview, Mr Kennedy Musyoka told journalists that his nomination was not based on his father's position in the coalition but a result of proven professionalism.
"I have been consulting for Wiper Party for a while, something I immensely enjoy. I have been making my own contribution in strategy and I believe that is how I ended up with the nomination," he stated.
The election of the EALA MPs was the last order of business for parliament, the MPs have now taken a recess for the Christmas holidays to resume on February 13.
[caption caption="Simon Mbugua presenting his application for EALA to the interview panel"][/caption]
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm