Deputy President William Ruto’s spokesman, David Mugonyi, threatened Nation journalist Justus Wanga over a story published in the Sunday Nation that claimed a rift had emerged between the DP and President Uhuru Kenyatta over cabinet appointments.
He further accused Mr Wanga of reporting rumours and falsehoods, questioning his sources.
“I want to be outright with you.
"If you want to get fired, continue with that path, you will get fired,” Mugonyi thundered.
[caption caption="David Mugonyi"][/caption]
Wanga responded by telling him that God is above it all.
The story in question alleged that DP Ruto had skipped the announcement of the President's first picks for the coveted slots as he objects to certain individuals he expects the President to name in his final line-up.
It further claimed that the DP wanted some of the 13 Cabinet Secretaries whose fate hangs in the balance to be retained.
In a bid to silence reports of an emerging rift, DP Ruto took to social media to call for an end to speculation on positions, particularly from Jubilee leaders.
He stated: “Kenyans,more so jubilee should avoid useless political debates about positions including 2022 and focus singlemindedly on delivering our manifesto voted for by the people while allowing the President the space to perform his constitutional duty to assemble the team for us.”
[caption caption="Justus Wanga"][/caption]
- daring14 August 2020 - 7:47 pm
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm
- roughed up14 August 2020 - 1:29 pm