After the Nairobi Business Community applied to use Uhuru Park on January 30, the day of National Super Alliance (NASA) leader Raila Odinga's Swearing-in as the People's President, the coalition has been forced to come up with a new venue for the event.
According to Nation, NASA lawmakers had anticipated that the government would cordon off Uhuru Park to prevent the event from taking place and they already had other plans.
“When we chose Uhuru Park, we knew the Jubilee leadership would thwart our mission by ensuring the venue is cordoned off by police.
"We have chosen a different location that will be known during or after the event,” an unnamed NASA lawamaker is quoted as stating.
When questioned on the new development, Amani National Congress (ANC) party leader Musalia Mudavadi maintained that the oath plan was still in place.
[caption caption="NASA leaders in Mombasa on Sunday"][/caption]
“Our communication in Mombasa on Sunday was clear. As long as there is no contrary message, the swearing in is on,” he stated.
Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Communications Director Philip Etale had earlier tweeted that Uhuru Park was the fifth option when it came to venues for the event.
Nairobi Business Community applied to use Uhuru Park for a free medical camp.
According to Chairman Wilfred Kamau, the camp would target street boys who wished to be circumcised and would not pay for the minor surgery.
Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria was on Monday pictured alongside members of the group in lab coats, 'preparing for the medical camp'.
[caption caption="Nairobi Business Community members at a past briefing"][/caption]
- New tidings27 June 2022 - 8:00 pm
- Supersticion27 June 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Tough times27 June 2022 - 5:36 pm
- take note27 June 2022 - 5:02 pm
- On the spot27 June 2022 - 2:35 pm
- Clean27 June 2022 - 2:40 pm
- At All Costs27 June 2022 - 1:21 pm
- Step by Step27 June 2022 - 3:28 pm
- New Perspective27 June 2022 - 1:13 pm
- ICONIC27 June 2022 - 12:29 pm
- disclosed27 June 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Clap back27 June 2022 - 11:35 am