Jubilee MPs Kicked Out of House Leadership Positions
Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter has on Tuesday been removed as Chairman of the Labour and Social Welfare Committee.
Silas Tiren has also been voted out as Agriculture and livestock committee Chair.
Marakwet East MP Kangogo Bowen has been ousted as Vice Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee.
"We are setting a bad tradition. Parliament has capacity to produce its leaders.
It is wrong to be seated here instead of going through an induction," Keter stated during the Labour committee meeting.
[caption caption="Members of the Labour Committee in a meeting to oust Alfred Keter on Tuesday"][/caption]
Members who supported the Vote of No Confidence maintained that regional balance was vital and had to be seen in the house leadership.
Those who opposed the move insisted that they had voted in the Chairman and Vice-Chairman as per the Standing Orders.
Nominated MP Wilson Sossion strongly voiced his opposition to the Keter ouster, maintaining that Parliament was an independent arm of Government.
"This is the most reckless process we are engaging in. I have confidence in the Chair and Vice-Chair.
"The three arms of the government should be independent," Sossion stated.
[caption caption="Moiben MP Silas Tiren, Embakasi North MP James Gakuya and Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter at the Milimani Law Courts"][/caption]
- September 21, 2018 - 7:37 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 7:02 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 6:25 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 6:05 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 5:37 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:47 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:35 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:00 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 3:43 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:17 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 2:27 pm