Three people were killed on Sunday night after a huge fire engulfed sections of Kijiji slums in Southlands, Lang'ata.
National Disaster Management Unit Deputy Director Pius Masai confirmed that the bodies of the deceased were recovered on Monday morning.
The fire broke out at around 8 pm and left hundreds of families homeless.
[caption caption="Photo Taken at the Scene"][/caption]
Fire engines and vehicles from the county government rushed to the scene of the inferno to contain the fire that was spreading fast.
Many houses were reduced to ashes in the congested neighbourhood.
“The fire seemed to be exploding from different spots and efforts by residents to stop it from spreading were futile,” stated Mr James Mutua, a resident.
Later on, the four fire engines ran out of water and left the scene.
“There’s no one who can contain the fire, and helpless residents have been left to watch as the inferno brings down houses.
Firefighters left the scene when the engines ran out of water,” stated one of the residents.
[caption caption="Photo of the Incident"][/caption]fire killed fight
- NEXT STEP16 January 2022 - 6:56 pm
- setback16 January 2022 - 7:11 pm
- Looming Crisis16 January 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Pandemonium16 January 2022 - 4:17 pm
- top secret16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- groundbreaking16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- TIPS16 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- Sky is the Limit16 January 2022 - 2:39 pm
- reality check16 January 2022 - 3:02 pm
- appreciation16 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Listen Up16 January 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Warning16 January 2022 - 12:12 pm