National Super Alliance (NASA's) co-principal Kalonzo Musyoka's home has been attacked after a grenade-like object was thrown at his home in Karen, Nairobi
Karen OCPD Cunnighum Suiyanka confirmed this incident indicating that an object that looked like a grenade was hurled into the Wiper Party's leader's home around 2am Wednesday.
A group of detectives led by Head of bomb squad unit Eliud Langat has been deployed at the Kalonzo's Karen home to investigate the device that was thrown into his compound.
Mr Suiyanka further confirmed that no one was injured in the morning attack.
[caption caption="Kalonzo's Musyoka's home in Karen"][/caption]
According to Kalonzo's personal assistant identified as Matiki, unknown people in two vehicles drove by the home, opened fire and hurled the device into the compound.
“They made a u-turn meters ahead and stopped opposite the gate, hurled the grenade into the compound before shooting several times,” he stated.
According to Matiki, the former Vice President was at home at the time adding that the gunmen also shot at the gate but no one was injured in the 2 am incident.
Matiki further divulged that the attackers drove off soon after the incident and termed it an assassination attempt.
He said they collected the spent cartridges and the grenade safety pin as evidence to the attack.
[caption caption="Kalonzo Musyoka"][/caption]
Yesterday, Kalonzo announced that his security detail had been withdrawn ahead of the planned swearing in ceremony.
He revealed that the five GSU officers assigned to him had been ordered to pack and go.
“Every security detail was taken away. But this is a very important struggle and we are still consulting," he stated.bomb gun fire assassin
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm
- Ruto's Call28 January 2022 - 4:45 pm
- turned down28 January 2022 - 4:26 pm
- Debts28 January 2022 - 3:49 pm