In a move that may see the National Super Alliance (NASA) coalition hit a tumbling block, Governor Amason Kingi of Kilifi County has hinted at a possibility of forming a political party for the Coast region.
Speaking during a function in Mombasa, Governor Kingi justified the possible move sighting that it would assert the position of the coastal people in the national arena.
"Kama Wapwani hatuingii nyumba ya mtu yeyote (We as the Coastal people are not going to be housed elsewhere)," Kingi expressed.
Kingi further added: "Kuanzia sasa mpaka kura ya 2022, tutakua tumejenga nyumba ina vyumba vya kutosha" (Going forward until 2022, we will come up with an outfit that will accommodate all of us).
"Hatutaombaomba tena sisi, makazi ya kulala. Na suala hili tutalizugumzia pande zote za Pwani," (We will not beg anymore to be housed. This issue will be addressed across the entire coast region)," he continued.
Hinting at the bigger political role that the initiative may see Coast Region take, Amason Kingi proclaimed that a time had come for them to be supported by other regions.
He was addressing residents during the welcoming of Anglican Bishop to Mombasa, Reverend Alphonse Mwaro Baya, the Governor further remarked that the region would strategize on the way forward regarding the General Elections scheduled for 2022.
If realized, the move would trouble NASA's political position given the major support that the party garners in the coastal region.
The remarks by Governor Kingi came shortly after sections of the public raised concerns on possible fallout among the NASA party principals.
Video courtesy of KTN News:
- Final Verdict26 September 2022 - 3:53 pm
- Solutions26 September 2022 - 3:48 pm
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
- Remarkable26 September 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Reprieve26 September 2022 - 11:30 am
- The Truth26 September 2022 - 10:48 am
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am