Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) commissioners on Monday morning resigned from office.
The three officials include: Consolata Maina, Margaret Mwachanya, and Paul Kurgat.
The officers have cited that chairman Wafula Chebukati failed to give proper leadership.
"The Commission Chair has failed to be the steady and stable hand that steers the ship in difficult times and gives directions when needed," declared the officials.
[caption caption="File image of IEBC vice chairperson Consolata Maina and chairman Wafula Chebukati "][/caption]
In a statement read by Ms Mwachanya, the commissioners announced: "The institution has continued to be dysfunctional with arbitrary decision-making, leaking of internal documents to serve personal goals and pursuing personal interests.
"All of which are against the laid down laws that govern the conduct of the Commission leadership and staff," they asserted.
The statement seen by Kenyans.co.ke further notes: "Under the current commission leadership, we have had many instances where statements have been issued purporting to give a position of the commission, yet those statements are a misrepresentation of facts."
Additionally, they mentioned that the removal of the Commission CEO, Ezra Chiloba, is a weighty matter and ought not to have been introduced as "a by the way."
They, however, appreciated the people of Kenya for giving them an opportunity to serve as commissioners of IEBC.
[caption caption="File image of Consolata Maina, Margaret Mwachanya, and Paul Kurgat."][/caption]
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Heartbreaking25 September 2022 - 1:39 pm