Garden Square Restaurant is set to be transferred to the ownership of the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) as part of the Nairobi Regeneration Program, Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala conveyed on Tuesday.
"To ensure that Nairobi continues to be the preferred conferencing destination in the continent, KICC will set up a 10,000-capacity prefabricated facility at the COMESA grounds in KICC.
"The team is also set to develop a 15,000-capacity conferencing facility at Bomas of Kenya," the CS stated.
[caption caption="File image of the entrance to Nairobi's Garden Square restaurant"][/caption]
Speaking from City Hall, the CS also declared that the National Tree Planting campaign launched by President Kenyatta on Saturday would continue for the rest of the month.
"The success of the event led to an initiative to institutionalize tree planting across the nation which should benefit our responses to climate change and the need to secure our water towers," he explained.
The Tuesday briefing marked the end of a 30-day period that the committee had been given to start working.
"The Nairobi regeneration team committed to issuing 50,000 title deeds in the Eastlands area. 53,000 title deeds will be issued to landowners within a month," CS Karoney conveyed.
The transport boss added: "All areas requiring drainage support have been mapped out across the county and works to replace narrow culverts to commence are set to commence through a partnership by the County Government, KENHA, KURA and Nairobi Water.
[caption caption="Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko in his office"][/caption]
"The undertaking made was that by the next rains in October 2018, flooding in Nairobi will be a thing of the past," he stated.
Governor Sonko also outlined his plan for waste management within the county that has become a menace.
"As a temporary measure, we will renew contracts with garbage collectors, we will devolve the function to the various county structures to sub-county, wards. 700 million will be given to the youths to collect garbage," he stated.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm