Three people died on Sunday, following an accident that involved a Member of Parliament's vehicle and a motorcycle.
According to eyewitness, the Legislator's car, which was headed to Nairobi, tried to overtake a lorry and it was then that it hit the motor-bike.
"The cyclist and passengers remained stuck under the vehicle until a team of officers came to the scene and retrieved the bodies and transferred them to Longisa Hospital Mortuary," said the eyewitness.
The Standard reports that the MP’s aide, who declined to be named, said three children belonging to the MP, his bodyguard and the driver escaped unhurt during the accident.
The MP sustained slight injuries and was rushed to Tenwek Mission hospital in Bomet Central for treatment.
This comes a week after Kakamega Senator Bonny Khalwale's vehicle ran over a woman along the Eldoret -Nakuru highway.
The incident which occurred last Saturday, sparked outrage from residents who threatened to torch the vehicle which they said had been over speeding before knocking down the woman.
The Senator, however, came to the defense of the driver and stated that the woman walked into the road abruptly giving the driver little time to stop.
Read Also: Senator Khalwale's Car Kills Woman
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Surge8 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- He giveth and taketh8 July 2020 - 1:23 pm