Three police officers from Meru County found themselves on the receiving end of the law when they were arraigned in court on charges of soliciting bribes.
The three suspects had allegedly on different capacities, solicited, demanded or handled bribes while in line of duty.
The court heard that Constable Job Nyaberi had solicited sh. 2000 worth of bribe from one Aucelia Kaimenyi in order to release a motorcycle which was in police custody at Githongo Police Post in Imenti Central Sub County on 13th of May.
Nyaberi was also charged for having demanded and received sh. 5000 from Alex Muthomi to release the said motorcycle that was detained at the police station.
Corporal Maclin Mwakale, was accused of handling the Sh5, 000 acquired by Nyaberi through false pretence.
Constable Job Kendagor was charged jointly with the two for obtaining Sh14, 850 by false pretence.
All the suspects denied the charges and were each released on bonds of Sh100, 000 .
The case is set to be mentioned on June 4.
- Uber Posh17 May 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Big money play17 May 2021 - 2:44 pm
- Life Hack17 May 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Take note17 May 2021 - 11:36 am
- Opportunity17 May 2021 - 11:39 am
- Groundbreaking17 May 2021 - 10:41 am
- Notch Higher17 May 2021 - 9:43 am
- tragedy17 May 2021 - 8:47 am
- Concern17 May 2021 - 8:15 am
- relocation17 May 2021 - 7:18 am
- Remarkable17 May 2021 - 7:43 am
- Unfortunate16 May 2021 - 7:10 pm