The three, Bula Pesa ward Member of County Assembly (MCA) Moses Kithinji, Chief Officer for Trade Hudson Kinyua and Bula Pesa ward administrator Witherford Mwirigi, were arrested on Saturday for allegedly inciting youth leading to violent protests.
Confirming the arrest Isiolo County Criminal and Investigation Officer (CCIO) David Cheruiyot said the three are set to be arraigned in Court on Monday alongside 10 other persons.
The arrest followed a visit to the area by Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery where he held a meeting with Meru and Isiolo leaders and directed the police to arrest politicians and individuals inciting communities in the two counties.
On Friday morning, business was brought to standstill in the area after youth from the Borana and Meru communities took on each other prompting the intervention by police.
A fierce clash was witnessed at the Isiolo and Meru County border, following the death of a boda-boda operator.
Locals from the Borana community are said to have come out up in arms ganging up to steal motorcycles belonging to residents from the Meru community.
The incident reportedly degenerated into a fracas that saw shops and property looted before police came in to save the situation.
Read Also: Communities Fight Over Boda-Boda Rider
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am