The process of getting a Kenyan passport is simple if you know the requirements needed and the process to follow.
Beginning September 1, 2017, Kenyan passports were digitalized and the ePassports, which contain a chip that has information such as biometrics and a digital photo were unveiled.
What is needed for passport application?
1. Original birth certificate and photocopy
2. Original National ID Card & copy
3. Three Current passport size photos
4. Recommenders ID Card copy
5. Parents National ID cards copies or Death Certificate if deceased
6. Applicants MUST appear in person for digital photo and biometrics capture
8. For applicants who are below the age of eighteen years, the parents or legal guardian’s written consent must be provided
9. For applicants who are adopted, the original adoption certificate, clearance letter from the children’s department, and or, the Court ruling or award
Notably, passport photographs are very specific and any errors can lead to rejection of your application.
You will need three photographs which must be taken full face without a hat. The photographs must also not be mounted and their sizes must not be more than 2½ inches by 2 inches or less than 2 inches by 1½ inches.
[caption caption="A Kenyan passport"][/caption]
The photographs must be printed on normal thin photographic paper and must not be glazed on the reverse side.
The person recommending the applicant is required to endorse the reverse side of one copy of the photographs with the words: I certify that this is a true likeness of the applicant Mr. (Mrs. or Miss) and add his signature.
To apply for the document, follow the following processes;
1. Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
3. Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
4. Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
5. Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
6. The applicant then has to visit immigration offices in Nairobi (Nyayo House), Mombasa, and Kisumu to drop the rest of the documents and have their biometrics taken.
Those outside the country can apply for the passport in Kenyan Embassies and consulates all over the world.
How much does it cost to apply for a passport
The passport fees are as follows;
32 Pages Ordinary "A" Series - Kshs. 4,550
48 pages Ordinary "B" Series - Kshs. 6,050
64 Pages Ordinary "C" Series - Kshs. 7,550
East African Passport - Kshs. 990
Diplomatic passport (48 page) - Kshs 7,550
Mutilated Passport - Kshs 10,050
Lost Passport - Kshs 12,050
How long does it take for a person to get a passport?
After successful application, your passport is then available for collection in at least 15 working day
- Deepening Wrangles10 May 2021 - 7:47 am
- Get Rich9 May 2021 - 7:06 pm
- RIP9 May 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Traffic9 May 2021 - 6:14 pm
- update9 May 2021 - 4:43 pm
- the truth9 May 2021 - 5:26 pm
- Brutal9 May 2021 - 3:37 pm
- on the decks9 May 2021 - 2:52 pm
- Heartwarming9 May 2021 - 2:28 pm
- drastic action9 May 2021 - 1:43 pm
- Heartfelt9 May 2021 - 12:35 pm
- my plea9 May 2021 - 11:28 am