He was the senior anchor for 9 pm prime time English news.
Kagoe reportedly handed in his resignation on Tuesday and is set to join his former colleagues Zawadi Mudibo and Maya Hakawa at BBC’s office in Riverside Nairobi.
[caption caption="Richard Kagoe"][/caption]
The news anchor holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Communication and Media Studies from St Paul’s University and a Certificate of Computer System Analysis from Kenya Christian Industrial Training Institute (KCITI.)
Kagoe began his media career as a radio presenter/producer at TBN Family Media in July 2004.
He later joined KBC in August 2007, a stint that lasted for two months before joining MediaMax limited.
K24 feted him as the head of anchors in 2016 and he has since been the most dependable journalist at the station.
It is alleged that he left the station because his salary increment was overlooked while journalists poached from other stations receive huge pay.
News of his resignations came hours after Alfajiri show host Ciru Muriuki announced she was leaving the station.
Others who have ditched K24 for BBC include head of camera Eugene Osidiana, morning Alfajiri programme producer Eunice Gatonye as well cameraman Solomon Kihara.
[caption caption="Ciru Muriuki"][/caption]
- last moments2 March 2021 - 4:22 pm
- High Life2 March 2021 - 3:43 pm
- Up in Flames2 March 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Free2 March 2021 - 3:14 pm
- Tweet a crime2 March 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Insider2 March 2021 - 1:57 pm
- dangerous2 March 2021 - 1:25 pm
- breakthrough2 March 2021 - 1:50 pm
- Notice Issued2 March 2021 - 1:04 pm
- revealed2 March 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Hit2 March 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Principal teacher2 March 2021 - 12:55 pm