A new report by Nendo, a digital research and consultancy firm, has revealed the top websites and mobile applications in Kenya in 2018.
The report takes a look at the digital landscape in the country, offering insights into the top desktop websites, Android applications and iOS applications.
Nendo cites app analytics firm AppAnnie, Ad-Dynamo, the Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK), Google Kenya, Facebook Africa and LinkedIn as sources used to compile data for the report.
For desktop websites, which refers to sites accessed through Personal Computers (PCs) and laptops rather than mobile devices, betting and social media sites featured most prominently.
Search engine Google, social media behemoth Facebook and Google-owned video sharing platform Youtube scooped the first three positions.
[caption caption="Top 10 desktop websites in Kenya according to Nendo"][/caption]
Betting platforms Betin and Sportpesa occupied the fourth and fifth positions respectively, a reflection of the popularity of sports betting among Kenyans in recent years.
Adult entertainment websites took the sixth and seventh positions on the list.
The last three positions were taken by Betpawa, in-built Chrome add-on Googleweblight.com and Twitter.
On mobile applications, the report indicated that Whatsapp has the highest monthly active users in Kenya with 12 million.
Social media, ride-hailing and mobile loan applications make up the bulk of popular applications in Kenya according to the research.
Below are more reports from Nendo:
- Tragic21 June 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Revealed21 June 2021 - 6:25 pm
- Heartbreaking21 June 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable21 June 2021 - 5:16 pm
- Search & Rescue21 June 2021 - 3:54 pm
- Cornered21 June 2021 - 3:39 pm
- Timely21 June 2021 - 3:34 pm
- Strategy21 June 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Here for You21 June 2021 - 1:57 pm
- Tactics21 June 2021 - 1:56 pm
- Accused21 June 2021 - 1:12 pm
- New Beginning21 June 2021 - 12:30 pm