KTN Journalist Fathiya Mohamed Nur has moved to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
In a post on her Instagram, the reporter expressed her joy over the move to the international media house thanking her counterpart anchor Ali Manzu.
"To new beginnings! Alhamdulillah, what a blessing! It's been a great journey, Grateful to all who supported me but Special thanks to Ali Manzu and Noah Otieno for their support and always pushing me to greater heights," she wrote.
[caption caption="Fathiya Mohamed Nur at BBC on 7/8/2018"][/caption]
Working as a reporter at KTN, Fathiya has done a number of features including a piece on culture and customs on the way Nubians celebrate their Islamic marriage ceremony.
She does not shy away from 'taboo' topics. In October 2017, she marked Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day by giving hope to parents who have lost a child and mothers suffering miscarriages and stillbirths' globally.
Fathiya, who is also a USIU alumni, covered the second edition of the Halal Trade Expo at KICC in November.
She was involved in the reporting for the first Presidential Debate prior to the 2017 elections.
Among the veteran news anchors she looks up to is Catherine Kasavuli whom she met on July 2018.
"I met Catherine Kasavuli for the first time today! By the time she started reading the news, don't think I was walking! Quite nice!" she posted.
[caption caption="Fathiya Mohamed Nur conducting an interview on June 2017"][/caption]
- last moments2 March 2021 - 4:22 pm
- High Life2 March 2021 - 3:43 pm
- Up in Flames2 March 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Free2 March 2021 - 3:14 pm
- Tweet a crime2 March 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Insider2 March 2021 - 1:57 pm
- dangerous2 March 2021 - 1:25 pm
- breakthrough2 March 2021 - 1:50 pm
- Notice Issued2 March 2021 - 1:04 pm
- revealed2 March 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Hit2 March 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Principal teacher2 March 2021 - 12:55 pm