3 Injured as Gunmen Spray Matatu With Bullets Between Elwak & Wargadud
Three people were injured after the vehicle they were travelling in was attacked by masked gunmen.
Unknown militants are said to have ambushed the vehicle and sprayed it with bullets along Elwak-Mandera road on Friday morning.
The passengers who sustained bullet wounds were rushed to the nearby Wargadud health centre.
[caption caption="Casualty of the Friday attack"][/caption]
According to reports, the attack the happened at Lakole village.
This area is believed to be the centre of community land dispute between Gurreh and Murulle communities.
The incident adds on to several cases of insecurity that have hit Mandera county in the recent past.
On Monday, 3 people were killed after a vehicle they were travelling in hit an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) at Elwak.
The morning attack left two others nursing serious injuries.
It was reported that the group was headed to work when the device exploded.
Mandera South Deputy County Commissioner Paul Kemei divulged that the explosive must have been planted early in the morning by Al-Shabaab militants.
[caption caption="an aerial view of Mandera Town"][/caption]
- November 15, 2018 - 4:54 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 5:04 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 4:10 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 3:33 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 2:27 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 1:29 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 3:09 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 12:13 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 11:47 am
- November 15, 2018 - 12:45 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 10:49 am
- November 15, 2018 - 10:59 am