Governor Lonyangapuo Explains Why His Deputy Operates From US
Lonyangapuo has recently been under pressure from members of the public to explain why the deputy governor receives county salary despite having a full time job as a surgeon in America.
The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) recently questioned the county boss on the appointment of Dr. Nicholas Atudonyang.
The governor disclosed that he had sent his deputy to acquire medical equipment.
He alleged the Atudoyang had been tasked with sourcing funds to purchase the equipment.
“The problem at Kapenguria Hospital is not lack of doctors but medical equipment because of high prices. We have no machines for cancer screening.
“We need Ksh 3billion for the equipment and the county gets Ksh 5.5billion from the national government will not get money to buy all those equipment,” remarked Lonyangapuo.
He further intimated that his deputy will be returning with some of the purchased medical equipment on September 27, some of which he claims has already reached Mombasa.
“He is coming with two 40-meter trailer containers of medical equipment and 500 laptops which reached Mombasa,” he told Citizen TV.
The governor further accused political opponents of propagating and dramatising his questioning at the EACC offices.
- 18 January 2020 - 2:30 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 1:48 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 1:01 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 1:18 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 12:43 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 12:14 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 11:43 am
- 18 January 2020 - 11:12 am
- 18 January 2020 - 10:57 am
- 18 January 2020 - 9:57 am
- 18 January 2020 - 9:51 am
- 18 January 2020 - 10:29 am