The First Lady Margaret Kenyatta on Wednesday commissioned a Ksh450 million maternity wing at the Nakuru Level 5 hospital.
The facility named 'Margaret Kenyatta Mother Baby Wing' has a 250-bed capacity, the largest after Nairobi County's Pumwani Hospital.
The newly built state of the art facility is expected to provide easy access to health services for women and babies in Nakuru County and beyond in a bid to tame maternal deaths.
In his message during the launch, Nakuru County Governor Lee Kinyanjui stated that the ultra-modern facility shall go a long way to help curb child-mother transmission of HIV.
Kinyanjui went on to state that his government was committed to offering integrated quality health services to the people given at least 36 per cent of the county budget had been allocated to healthcare this financial year.
"We named the wing after her in recognition of her dedication to ending maternal and child mortality in Kenya which is the main aim of the facility she opened," stated Kinyanjui.
The Margaret Kenyatta Mother Baby Wing also has a gynaecology section that will offer treatment to women with reproductive health diseases including gynaecological malignancies.
The unit also has a dedicated ward to enhance Kangaroo mother care program services for prematurely born kids and has a fully equipped growers unit.
Surgical operations both gynaecological and obstetrics will also be conducted at the facility. Other services to be offered include child clinic, immunization and family planning.
Here is an impression of the new hospital.
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm
- U-Turn22 October 2020 - 2:09 pm
- mearge22 October 2020 - 1:13 pm
- balling22 October 2020 - 12:50 pm
- Blunder22 October 2020 - 11:26 am
- dire situation22 October 2020 - 11:51 am
- unfortunate22 October 2020 - 11:01 am