The First Lady Margaret Kenyatta on Wednesday commissioned a Ksh450 million maternity wing at the Nakuru Level 5 hospital.
The facility named 'Margaret Kenyatta Mother Baby Wing' has a 250-bed capacity, the largest after Nairobi County's Pumwani Hospital.
The newly built state of the art facility is expected to provide easy access to health services for women and babies in Nakuru County and beyond in a bid to tame maternal deaths.
In his message during the launch, Nakuru County Governor Lee Kinyanjui stated that the ultra-modern facility shall go a long way to help curb child-mother transmission of HIV.
Kinyanjui went on to state that his government was committed to offering integrated quality health services to the people given at least 36 per cent of the county budget had been allocated to healthcare this financial year.
"We named the wing after her in recognition of her dedication to ending maternal and child mortality in Kenya which is the main aim of the facility she opened," stated Kinyanjui.
The Margaret Kenyatta Mother Baby Wing also has a gynaecology section that will offer treatment to women with reproductive health diseases including gynaecological malignancies.
The unit also has a dedicated ward to enhance Kangaroo mother care program services for prematurely born kids and has a fully equipped growers unit.
Surgical operations both gynaecological and obstetrics will also be conducted at the facility. Other services to be offered include child clinic, immunization and family planning.
Here is an impression of the new hospital.death
- Fund Raiser1 October 2022 - 7:30 pm
- Blunder1 October 2022 - 6:33 pm
- Hacks1 October 2022 - 6:56 pm
- Emotional1 October 2022 - 5:51 pm
- focus1 October 2022 - 4:50 pm
- One Request1 October 2022 - 4:29 pm
- Guidelines1 October 2022 - 3:44 pm
- angered1 October 2022 - 1:34 pm
- Fraud1 October 2022 - 12:40 pm
- Well Deserved1 October 2022 - 11:13 am
- Rollout1 October 2022 - 12:33 pm
- Goodbye1 October 2022 - 10:36 am