KCSE Candidate Dies After Chemistry Experiment Goes Wrong
Another Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination candidate died after a chemistry experiment went wrong.
The candidate in Barsumbat Secondary School in Elgeyo Marakwet died after allegedly consuming methanol.
The deadly chemical was reportedly stolen from their laboratory with another student said to have lost his eyesight after also consuming the methanol.
Sub County Director of Education in the region Evans Onyancha confirmed the incident and revealed that the second victim was a Form Three student.
Onyancha, however, dismissed claims that the students were affected after drinking methanol.
According to the Director of Education, the students had gone on a drinking spree outside the school where they consumed chang’aa (illicit brew).
The incident comes days after another KCSE candidate died after allegedly drinking ethanol during a physics practical lesson.
John Murambi, 21, was pronounced dead on arrival at Kiminini Cottage Hospital.
Martin Wafula, the father to the deceased, said his son came home the previous day complaining that he was not feeling well but declined to be taken to the hospital.
Wafula noted that Murambi's classmates told him his son drank ethanol in the laboratory.
"In the morning, we found him unconscious in bed and rushed him to the hospital. He was pronounced dead on arrival," the father stated.
- November 12, 2018 - 7:53 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 8:23 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 7:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:04 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:58 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 2:17 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 1:28 pm