The 2018 KCPE results were released on Monday, November 19, barely a month after the examinations commenced.
The Ministry of Education has managed to beat last year’s exams release date that was November 21.
The exams council, KNEC, has announced that the number that will be used to access the results shall be different from the one used last year and the year before.
One will be required to send a text with the index number to 20076.
Those with access to internet service will be able to use the KNEC portal to check for results: http://knec-portal.ac.ke/KCPESLIP/ . Headteachers have been advised to download and print the results for their respective schools from the website.
On Sunday President Uhuru Kenyatta excited Kenyans when he erroneously revealed that the results would be announced the following day.
Speaking during the unveiling of Gachororo PCEA Church in Juja, he stated that "and when we will announce the results tomorrow."
Upon realising his error he recoiled igniting laughs from the congregation, “ah, now what have I said?”
He gave assurance to the candidates that they would all secure admission to secondary schools and that the letters will be dispatched before Christmas.
It is our responsibility to ensure that our young children access basic education up to secondary level and the government will provide opportunities in the vocational centers, in universities. Let us not allow our children to loiter and instead, let them be in school,” he conveyed.
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm