Former Vice President Moody Awori Appointed Into Sports Development Board
Former Vice President Moody Awori, popularly known as Uncle Moody, has been appointed as a board member for the Sports, Art and Social Development Fund.
The seven-member Board was gazetted by the Finance CS Henry Rotich.
Moody will work alongside five Principal Secretaries from the Ministries of Education, Arts, Health, National Treasury and Sports.
The team will also be joined by Athletics Kenya boss Lieutenant General (RTD) Jackson Tuwei.
They will be required to manage funds set aside for Sports, Arts and Social development then prepare and submit quarterly reports to the Finance CS.
The board will also monitor and evaluate the activities and programmes under the fund.
Moody’s appointment has elicited mixed reactions among netizens with many feeling that he was too old for the job.
“At that age what these guys require is a lot of sleep,” one tweep posted.
Others were irked by the fact that the government appointed the 91-year-old while there were millions of young Kenyans who are jobless.
Moody, however, in an interview two years ago, revealed that despite his old age, he has a strict workout routine that involves 30 press ups daily to maintain his youthfulness.
- 21 February 2019 - 8:36 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 7:51 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 4:49 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 5:18 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 5:30 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 5:06 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 8:21 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 4:30 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 4:10 pm
- 21 February 2019 - 2:58 pm