President Uhuru Kenyatta will host world leaders in the fourth UN Environment Assembly that will be conducted in Nairobi in March 2019.
Uhuru will be co-hosting the summit, which will take place at UNEP Headquarters, with France President Emmanuel Macron.
Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Monica Juma indicated that Kenya was determined to upscale discussions on sustainable use of natural resources in line with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
“We expect that he (Macron) and President Kenyatta will co-host the summit on One Planet with the primary outcome of Kenya driving the global environmental agenda,” stated Juma.
Juma also explained that the government had already begun to frame Nairobi as the world global environmental capital because they host United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP).
“It has become an assembly of all UN member States and there are a lot of discussions going on around environmental management in Nairobi,” she added.
The theme for the fourth summit will be Innovative solutions for environmental challenges and sustainable consumption and production.
The forum to be held at UNEP headquarters in Nairobi will explore ways to accelerate sustainable use of natural resources through innovative policies, financing, and technological solutions.
The assembly will capitalise on the growing momentum in the international community, national governments, the business sector, and the civil society to tackle challenges by embracing innovative approaches.
UNEA-4 is also expected to build on global consensus and commitments made at the Sustainable Blue Economy Conference, the world’s inaugural ocean economy conference held in Nairobi in November.
- what happened27 October 2020 - 8:23 pm
- Listen Up27 October 2020 - 7:59 pm
- wishful thinking27 October 2020 - 8:15 pm
- beware27 October 2020 - 8:05 pm
- RIP27 October 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Genius Student27 October 2020 - 6:39 pm
- speculation27 October 2020 - 5:41 pm
- warning27 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- On Notice27 October 2020 - 5:03 pm
- update27 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- Tragic27 October 2020 - 4:38 pm
- Nabbed27 October 2020 - 4:22 pm