Former NHIF Boss Simeone Kirgotty Arrested Over Kshs1.5B Scandal
Three former top-ranking National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) executives, including ex-CEO Simeone Kirgotty were on Friday taken into custody in connection with Kshs1.5 billion graft.
Kirgotty was arrested alongside Head of ICT Gilbert Gathuo and the head of Webtribe Robert Mureithi.
The three were ambushed while still in their homes and taken to Muthaiga Police Station.
They were later transferred to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters for questioning.
This was in connection with the ongoing probe at the hospital fund in which several former executives had also been taken into custody.
The probe involved allegations of financial misappropriation by use of the digital payment system.
In November, DCI also arrested a former boss of the troubled fund, Geoffrey Mwangi, over failure to provide required documents in the Kshs100 million graft linked to the ongoing case.
The former MD was arrested alongside Joseph Mbuvi who was the former finance director before facing the axe.
Earlier, Kenya Pipeline Company CEO Joe Sang had been arrested in a raid that was conducted at his home.
The arrest was among a series, which commenced on Thursday night, of top managers at the firm after Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Noordin Haji approved charges against them.
- 15 September 2019 - 8:23 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:09 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:16 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:27 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 2:53 pm