Kinoo Catholic Parish Priest was on Monday morning shot dead in what is believed to be a robbery with violence incident.
Sources indicate that Father John Njoroge was waylaid by armed robbers after he left a bank and succumbed after he was hit with a bullet on the chest.
The priest was reportedly accompanied by a staff member of his parish which is located in Kikuyu Constituency, Kiambu County.
A video seen by Kenyans.co.ke shows a bullet hole on the driver's side of the windshield of Father Njoroge's car.
Accounts by eyewitnesses indicate that the robbers later escaped from the scene on two motorbikes.
Police have launched a manhunt in the Kinoo/Regen area in a bid to apprehend the killers.
Fr Njoroge, who hails from Gatitu in Gatundu, was ordained to priesthood on December 30, 1994, and was serving at St Peter the Rock Parish, Kinoo.
According to Kiambu County Police Commander Andiel Nyange, the priest was obstructed by a gang of four on two motorcycles as he was driving on a rough road.
On pulling over, the robbers demanded a bag that was in the car with one shooting through the windscreen of the Toyota Harrier.
The unfortunate incident comes weeks after another Kenyan priest was killed in Cameroon.
Father Cosmas Omboto was shot dead on November 21 at a church in Kembong in the restive Southwest region of Cameroon as he presided over an evening mass.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm