Jacque Maribe Addresses Plan to Run for Woman Rep
Citizen TV news anchor Jacque Maribe addressed speculation that she was planning to run for the Murang'a Woman Representative seat in forthcoming elections.
Maribe is currently facing murder charges alongside fiancee Joe Irungu over the death of businesswoman Monica Kimani.
Speculation that she was plotting a move into politics was sparked by the presence of various Murang'a women groups at her birthday party held in a city hotel.
The women from her home county are said to have assured Maribe of their support if she chose to go for the seat in 2022.
Maribe later told the Star that she would be interested in wading into politics "when the time was right".
"It is something I would be interested in when the time is right," she stated.
Maribe is currently out on bail with Irungu still detained.
Monica Kimani was found murdered on September 3rd in Kilimani with Irungu having been seen leaving the apartment last.
Maribe's interest in politics makes sense owing to her work in various campaigns and affiliation to top Jubilee party politicians.
They include Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria, Party Vice-Chair David Murathe and Deputy President William Ruto.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm