DPP Goes After KPA Retirement Scheme Bosses Over Sh700M Land Fraud
Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Noordin Haji on Wednesday approved prosecution against former officials of the Kenya Ports Authority Retirement Benefits Scheme (KPARBS) over alleged land fraud.
The officials are accused of entering into a fraudulent sale agreement for the purchase of a 100-acre piece of land in Vipingo, Kilifi County.
The piece of land was valued at Sh700 million.
DPP Haji sought to initiate prosecution against former trustees and managers of the scheme as well as directors of two companies.
Among those to be prosecuted are the scheme's former Chair Frederick Otieno Oyugi, several trustees and the pension administrator.
They will face a litany of charges including corruption, abuse of office and breach of public trust.
Directors of the two companies will be hit with charges that include money laundering and fraudulent acquisition of public property.
The companies are Kikambala Development Company limited and Seline Consultants limited.
DPP Haji noted that there was sufficient evidence to back a case against the suspects.
Members of the KPARBS had called for the case to be fast-tracked so as to unravel the truth.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm