Charles Mwangi, who was working as a senior engineer at Tesla, resigned from the car manufacturer to join an undisclosed startup.
Announcing the move, he expressed that he was glad to have found that same inspiration as the early days of Tesla but in a completely different industry.
“The startup I am joining is still under the radar, but I couldn’t be more excited to be joining this team,” he wrote on his LinkedIn.
He intimated that he would now be involved in a world-changing human mission with global scale.
He is an alumnus of Strathmore School where he studied from 1994-1997 before joining Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
He later moved to the United States where he acquired a graduate degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at the Tennessee State University.
Mwangi joined the US automobile maker in 2012 and became the senior director of engineering in August 2018.
He headed the Tesla subsidiary Tesla Tool & Die and was responsible for body manufacturing engineering, body equipment controls and maintenance engineering.
While at the California-based company, Mwangi steadily moved up ranks working as the Manager of the Manufacturing Engineering department and later as the senior manager of the department.
He described himself as an "engineering leader with substantial expertise in results-oriented leadership in a fast-paced company, product development for manufacturability, manufacturing process development, and new product introduction".
Tesla, Inc. (formerly Tesla Motors) was founded in 2003 and specializes in electric cars, lithium-ion battery energy storage, and residential photovoltaic panels (through the subsidiary company SolarCity).
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm