Thailand’s deputy Junta leader Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, on Wednesday, commented on the terror attack that occurred at Dusit D2 Hotel in Riverside, Nairobi.
The foreign leader adopted a rather insouciant attitude during a morning brief when he conveyed that delicious food may have influenced the terrorists to target the Thai-owned hotel complex.
Responding to a question by a reporter on why Dusit was attacked, Prawit responded, "I don’t know. Maybe because the food is delicious."
In the attack that left at least 14 people dead, the deputy leader stated that it was "good enough" that none of their nationals were killed.
“It’s good enough that no Thai people died. The Foreign Affairs Ministry is dealing with this,” he was quoted by a Bangkok-based news site Khaosod English.
Earlier on, the Dusit D2 management released a statement disclosing the steps it had taken since the terror attack.
"Our guests and upcoming reservations are being relocated to other hotels in the city, and the hotel is closed until further notice," the statement read in part.
The hotel further revealed that it was in contact with the local authorities and organizations taking part in the rescue efforts and will continue supporting the efforts in "every way possible."
Condoling with those who lost their loved ones during the attack, the management held that its highest concern was the safety and the well-being of its guests and employees.
- Dangerous9 August 2020 - 12:05 pm
- Presidential Interaction9 August 2020 - 11:45 am
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm