Kabogo Offers Solution to Frequent Terrorist Attacks
Former Kiambu Governor William Kabogo has offered a solution to the recurrent terrorist attacks in the country.
Kabogo said the only way sure to reduce terrorism in Kenya is by involving youth in the building of the economy.
He said this will help in preventing radicalization since they will take part in activities that improve their well-being.
The former governor urged various government institutions and civil society groups to come together with youths and create a plan that will help avert radicalization.
“There is need to step up the level of work that brings youths together irrespective of the ethnic group to ensure they are not converted as a tool for destruction but something that helps construction, “he stated.
Kabogo went on to add that young people, especially those from Northeastern Counties, need access to education, vocational training and job opportunities.
His comments come in the wake of a terrorist attack at Dusit D2 Hotel along 14 Riverside Drive that left 21 people dead.
Media reports indicate that the attackers, who caused an 18-hour standoff at the hotel, were in their 20s.
In his statement, President Uhuru Kenyatta announced that all of them had been killed in an operation spearheaded by Kenya’s elite units.
- 16 February 2019 - 5:25 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 4:49 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 4:27 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 3:46 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 3:06 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 2:46 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 2:30 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:56 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:44 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:01 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 12:20 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 11:46 am