Violet Kemunto Escape Plan Before Dusit D2 Attack
The wife of a terror suspect who coordinated Riverside attack started planning to escape days before the ambush was orchestrated.
She was to collect the luggage that included personal items such as clothes on Wednesday last week.
Police revealed Kemunto sent her belongings from Eastleigh but never showed up to collect them and her whereabouts still remain unknown.
They were informed of the luggage by attendants at the courier service provider in Mandera town.
On Monday, through her Facebook account, she put up a post offering to sell household items citing she was moving out of Nairobi.
The items included Phat Farm loafers, a 49-inch smart TV, a seven-seater velvet sofa set, a rice cooker and a Ramtons two-door fridge.
She also left behind some luggage with her parent.
According to The Standard, Kemunto met her mother days earlier in Ruai, Nairobi, and informed her they were to leave the city for an undisclosed location to celebrate their first marriage anniversary.
The couple played a key role in planning the attack and were being facilitated from Somalia.
They lived in house number E9 in Guango estate, a gated community in Mucatha, Ruaka, in Kiambu, since March 21, 2018.
- 20 September 2019 - 7:22 am
- 19 September 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:46 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 8:26 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:16 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:25 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:00 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:12 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 4:40 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:03 pm