Kenya is well known for its vibrant hospitality industry that supports the lucrative tourism sector - a great contributor to the country's GDP.
A report by the global travel website, TripAdvisor, dubbed 2019 Travelers’ Choice Awards has identified the 10 best hotels in the country.
Hemingways Nairobi which topped the Kenya category was also named in the top luxury hotels in Africa and top 25 hotels for service in Africa.
Second in Kenya’s top 10 hotels category is Sarova Mara Game Camp.
The other top facilities in their chronological order include Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge, Medina Palms, Fairmont Mara Safari Club, Ocean Village Club in Diani, Villa Rosa Kempinski, Sarova Salt Lick, The Sands at Chale and Radisson Blu Nairobi.
Nairobi also emerged the sixth top destination in Africa based on reviews and opinions from millions of ordinary travellers visiting various facilities in the past year.
According to Hemingways Operations Director Ross Evans, their selection among the top hotels in Africa reaffirms to the world that Nairobi is a world-class destination with hotels that match the quality that a luxury traveller expects.
"We aspire to win the top accolade in Africa in the future especially in the luxury and service categories," Evans added.
Diani and Watamu beaches were also listed among the top 25 beaches in Africa while Hell’s Gate National Park private bike tour was named among the top 10 experiences in Africa.
A brief on TripAdvisor describes Nairobi as "an energetic, modern city that serves as a fascinating introduction to both wildlife and night-life. Music clubs pulse with life, shops and markets bustle, and a mélange of restaurants will tempt your palate in this former Maasai watering hole."
- Imageirate22 February 2020 - 8:50 pm
- ImageStay Away!22 February 2020 - 8:40 pm
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm