Kenya hosts many international organisations, embassies and consulates due to its strategic location, economic status and advanced infrastructure.
Despite not being very popular, the Swedish Embassy in Nairobi is the biggest Swedish embassy in the world.
The Embassy represents Sweden in Kenya, Somalia, Seychelles and Comoros.
It also represents the country at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT), among other United Nations programmes with operations in Nairobi.
Sweden also has an Honorary Consul in Mombasa
The Embassy has 67 staff members who are sourced from both locals and Swedish citizens.
The government is currently working with Swedish Ambassador to Kenya, Anna Jardfelt, and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to host an International Conference on Population and Development.
Themed; The Nairobi Summit on ICPD25: Accelerating the Promise, the conference will be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 13 to 15, 2019.
The conference will focus on universal education, reduction of infant and child mortality, reduction of maternal mortality and access to reproductive and sexual health services including family planning.
The 2019 conference will mark the 25th anniversary of the groundbreaking International Conference on Population and Development, which took place in Cairo in 1994.
- REPRIEVE3 August 2021 - 8:30 pm
- Stand Down3 August 2021 - 8:09 pm
- 3 August 2021 - 6:47 pm
- warning3 August 2021 - 7:30 pm
- Snubbed3 August 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Take Note3 August 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Take Note3 August 2021 - 7:57 pm
- TREAT3 August 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Power play3 August 2021 - 4:30 pm
- New Ways3 August 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Dire3 August 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Apprehended3 August 2021 - 2:49 pm