One of the biggest regrets Uasin Gishu Woman Rep, Gladys Boss Shollei, holds is not pursuing a career in athletics having been a candid athlete in her heydays.
In an interview with Massawe Japanni of Radio Jambo, the former registrar of the Judiciary blamed peer pressure for influencing her against the idea of pursuing athletics as a career.
“I ended up studying Law, which was not my passion,” she stated
“I am an athlete since my heydays. I have participated in the Lewa Marathon. I regret not pursuing my dreams of being an athlete during my school days; because I was a very good runner. But I blame this on peer pressure,” Shollei revealed.
Shollei explained how in those days she used to be called ‘Hero-Metric’ after an advert that had famous marathoner Kipchoge Keino appear and state the phrase ‘Hero-metric, definitely a long distance runner’.
“I couldn’t stand the mockery so I quit running because I wanted to be posh. I started doing swimming and tennis,” Shollei remarked after she revealed how female athletes were met with ridicule and mockery during her youthful years.
“These days I regret because had I been an athlete, I would be a billionaire right now. I ended up being a lawyer and am yet to make much money as these athletes,” said the former chief registrar of the Judiciary.
In the interview, Shollei also opened up about her 25-year marriage to Sam Shollei.
She further noted that despite it being a wonderful journey, she gets annoyed because the husband often shows up with visitors at home without letting her know.
Despite the regrets in pursuing law, Shollei rose to the rank of being a chief registrar of the Judiciary.
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am