Baringo Senator Gideon Moi's wife, Zahra Moi, is just heartbeats away becoming one of the directors at The Nairobi Hospital if the upcoming vote sails through.
Zahra was proposed alongside nine others including lawyer Richard Omwela, architect Otieno Odongo, former MP Chris Bichage and the chief executive of CBA Bank Kenya, Jeremy Ngunze.
This comes as a plan to ouster the facility's seven directors and the board chairman John Simba together with his director Coutts Otolo.
More than 50 per cent of the hospital's board also drafted a petition forcing it to call an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) following the woes that have recently befallen the hospital.
“This notice of convention has been signed by over 50 per cent of members of KHA who signed the petition for requisition for the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM),” read a notice by the Kenya Hospital Association (KHA).
According to Business Daily, the firm received the letter on February 19 this year, just weeks after suspending its CEO Gordon Odundo.
In December 2018, Odundo was holed up in his office keeping the lawyer who had gone to deliver a suspension letter waiting.
He was later sent on a 90-day suspension before he was finally sacked last week on Wednesday.
Zahra was in 2016 appointed to the Tourism Research Institute board.
She is also the CEO of the Lord Erroll Gourmet Restaurant according to her LinkedIn profile.
- watch out29 October 2020 - 8:06 pm
- exciting29 October 2020 - 7:49 pm
- insider info29 October 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Dreamer29 October 2020 - 7:33 pm
- Explained29 October 2020 - 7:17 pm
- take caution29 October 2020 - 7:21 pm
- way forward29 October 2020 - 6:05 pm
- Busted29 October 2020 - 7:19 pm
- Drama29 October 2020 - 5:48 pm
- urgent29 October 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Surge29 October 2020 - 4:52 pm
- network29 October 2020 - 4:50 pm