Baringo Senator Gideon Moi's wife, Zahra Moi, is just heartbeats away becoming one of the directors at The Nairobi Hospital if the upcoming vote sails through.
Zahra was proposed alongside nine others including lawyer Richard Omwela, architect Otieno Odongo, former MP Chris Bichage and the chief executive of CBA Bank Kenya, Jeremy Ngunze.
This comes as a plan to ouster the facility's seven directors and the board chairman John Simba together with his director Coutts Otolo.
More than 50 per cent of the hospital's board also drafted a petition forcing it to call an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) following the woes that have recently befallen the hospital.
“This notice of convention has been signed by over 50 per cent of members of KHA who signed the petition for requisition for the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM),” read a notice by the Kenya Hospital Association (KHA).
According to Business Daily, the firm received the letter on February 19 this year, just weeks after suspending its CEO Gordon Odundo.
In December 2018, Odundo was holed up in his office keeping the lawyer who had gone to deliver a suspension letter waiting.
He was later sent on a 90-day suspension before he was finally sacked last week on Wednesday.
Zahra was in 2016 appointed to the Tourism Research Institute board.
She is also the CEO of the Lord Erroll Gourmet Restaurant according to her LinkedIn profile.
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm
- no way through21 October 2020 - 3:37 pm
- trouble21 October 2020 - 2:48 pm