The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) arrested six senior officials on Thursday from the Communication Authority of Kenya(CAK) for flaunting procurement laws.
Among those arrested were; Joyce Nyambache Osinde, Stanley K. Kibe, Leo Kibet Boruett, Vincent Ngundi, Jane Jeptanui Rotich and Philip Kiplangat.
The commission is still looking for three other officials including Mutua Muthusi, the former Director, Consumer and Public Affairs at CAK, John Omo, the CAK Secretary and Peris Nkonge.
According to the commission, the procurement irregularities arose during the evaluation of tender for renovation of the CAK Agricultural Society of Kenya Show.
The corruption authority forwarded the file to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) on January 16, 2019.
In a letter dated May 6, 2019, the DPP replied to the commission giving consent for the prosecution of the nine who were members of the tender committee.
On their Twitter page, the commission stated that the six who are in custody were being processed and will be charged in court.
In April 2019, EACC arrested former Garsen MP Danson Mungatana over the loss of Sh51 million by Kilifi County Government.
The MP was arrested alongside six other people, among them four Kilifi County Government officials and two business people.
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am