Kenyans have taken to social media to express their reactions after viewing a huduma namba song posted by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko.
The song which is in Swahili notes that huduma namba is not a devil's plan as had been rumoured by a televangelist Paul Mckenzie.
It explains the importance of registering for the number including accessing critical government services.
In one comical lyric, the artistes claim that being enlisted for the number will reduce your chances of being robbed by thugs.
Kenyans went full banter on the video with one netizen stating, "Mm nangoja muni deport (I'm waiting to be deported)..... I miss home (Austria)."
This is in response to unsubstantiated threats that were making rounds online that those without the number will be deported from Kenya.
Another one asked, "Wenyewe hatuchukui hii huduma number tunapelekwa Sudan lini (Those of us without the huduma namba when shall we be deported to Sudan)?"
With only two days left for the exercise to close, Kenyans have been rushing to meet the deadline of registration.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i insisted there shall be no extension to the deadline
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am