Waititu Tells Politicians to Repent Upon Seeing Ruto
Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on Sunday sparked a heated debate after asking politicians to repent when they see Deputy President William Ruto.
While speaking during a church service in Kahawa Wendani, the first-term governor explained that politicians should have reverence for the DP since he is a key pillar in the Jubilee administration.
"We have to touch on politics when we are in church because that is our work. We are not pastors.
"Our boss, the Deputy President is here. Therefore we have to repent. The same way pastors repent to bishops, we repent when we see Ruto," stated Waititu.
His sentiments elicited mixed reactions on social media. Most people criticized him for being blasphemous.
Njooh Kimani wrote, "Why is he in the church if he came to worship a human being?"
George Njuguna posted, "Repenting as in what? Repentance is unto the Almighty God only."
Wilfred Obonyo commented, "He doesn't know what the word repent means."
Margaret Githinji wrote, "You should repent first. How dare you see the log in your friend's eye? Have removed the speck from your eye?"
Here is the video courtesy of Nation:
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm