There have been plans in the past one year to have almost 24,000 Administration Police (AP) personnel join the Kenya Police, as well as the adoption of a new uniform for more than 65,000 officers.
These plans have started to be effected and one notable change is the moving of 139 senior AP officers to the Kenya Police Service (KPS) last weekend.
In a memo dated June 1, Deputy Inspector General of Administration Police Noor Gabow released a list of the chief inspectors in the service that had been redeployed to the KPS and named either as officers commanding police posts or staff officers in charge of administration.
The 290 constituencies in the nation have now been designated as police divisions under the command of a sub-county police commander - a post previously termed as the Officer Commanding Police Division (OCPDs).
All chiefs' camps, which were initially manned by APs, have been converted into police posts in a move seen to strengthen the police service operations in the grassroots.
Every ward across the country will have a police station under the command of a ward police commander, who will replace the former officer commanding station (OCS).
KPS officers in the Anti-Stock Theft Unit (ASTU) have been shifted to the Administration Police, which has four units namely; the ASTU, Rapid Deployment Unit (RDU), Border Patrol Unit (BPU) and Critical Infrastructure and Security of Government Buildings Unit.
The officers in these four units will be issued with General Service Unit-like combat uniform while general duty officers will wear the new blue uniforms.
Inspector General of Police Hilary Mutyambai had pledged that competence and professionalism would guide the deployment of OCSs across the country.
- Inspiring30 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- redundancy30 September 2022 - 6:02 pm
- OPPORTUNITY30 September 2022 - 7:07 pm
- Orders30 September 2022 - 5:09 pm
- Goodbye30 September 2022 - 4:48 pm
- Changes30 September 2022 - 4:22 pm
- New TV30 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Review30 September 2022 - 3:46 pm
- investigate30 September 2022 - 3:27 pm
- Battle30 September 2022 - 5:23 pm
- Drama30 September 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Demand30 September 2022 - 2:22 pm