County Cabinet Member Shot Dead
Homa Bay County Executive Committee Member (CECM) for Transport and Infrastructure was on Friday gunned down by unknown men, Nation reports.
According to the publication, Philemon Dony Opar was shot dead at his petrol station in Kendu Bay town.
He was reviewing the day's activities when he met his death.
Reports indicate that his assailants had been trailing him for a while. They made away with an undisclosed amount of money, the deceased's mobile phones, and a laptop.
Opar vied for the Karachuonyo parliamentary seat in 2017 but he lost to Andrew Adipo.
He was nominated as a CECM in February 2019 to replace Prof Richard Muga.
Police have launched a manhunt for Opar's killers even as residents suspect foul play.
In June 2018, Homa Bay County Assembly Accountant Maurice Amek was shot next to his gate in Sofia Estate.
Luckily, Amek was rushed to Homa Bay County Referral Hospital Mortuary for treatment by neighbours who heard the gunshots.
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm