Another Supreme Court Judge, Isaac Lenaola, has been sucked into an ongoing Ksh700 million succession battle pitting two brothers against their sister-in-law.
In a report carried by the Business Daily, the two brothers, Kuldip Madan Sapra and Ashman Madan Sapra, have notified that they will be calling the judge as a witness in the case against their sister-in-law Nisha Sapra.
Nisha filed a complaint accusing the two brothers of plotting to keep her off the succession members list of the family empire whose late husband Yogash Mohan Madan Sapra owned a third.
The two brothers were charged with taking an oath before justice Lenaola in 2011 with the intention of defrauding Nisha.
So serious was the situation that the office of the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) sought to prosecute Kuldip and Ashman following the complaint lodged by their sister-in-law.
The brothers are opposed to being tried for forgery of documents.
“If this court will sustain the case by the DPP then we give advance notice that we shall apply that Justice Lenaola appears to testify whether the objectors took an oath before him on January 12, 2011 regarding the estate,” they told the court.
The two further falted the DPP of unfairly relying on court documents that was supplied by lawyers who had been appointed to them.
Yogash was killed in September 2008 and his wife Nisha has since been charged with the killing.
The three brothers, kuldip, Ashman and yogash, are entitled to a section of the multi-billion estate.
- valid10 July 2020 - 1:05 pm
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am