President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Friday, broke security protocol and drove off with ODM Party Leader Raila Odinga to Kisumu Yacht Club.
Nation reported that the president abandoned his bodyguards at 6pm and used a small motorcade to get to the club which is located on the shores of Lake Victoria.
Raila and Uhuru were later joined by Interior Cabinet Secretary (CS) Fred Matiang'i.
According to the publication, the three held private talks before ordering a meal of tilapia, meat, traditional vegetables, and ugali.
Nation further disclosed that they were served with a few bottles of beer and fresh juice.
Raila, Uhuru and Matiang'i left the exclusive club at 7:20pm for Kisumu International Airport.
The president boarded a plane to Nairobi while the AU envoy proceeded to his Bondo home.
Notably, this was not the first time that Uhuru has broken protocol for a private meeting with Raila.
In January, while the president was on a tour of Kisumu, he left the presidential jet running and dodged his security detail for a secret meeting with the AU envoy.
Uhuru and Raila have enjoyed a cordial relationship since the historical March 9 handshake.
However, their closeness made politicians allied to Deputy President William Ruto uncomfortable.
- New changes27 November 2022 - 8:06 pm
- Crime27 November 2022 - 7:52 pm
- Stunning27 November 2022 - 7:09 pm
- New tact27 November 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Strategy27 November 2022 - 6:18 pm
- Parenting27 November 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Come Back27 November 2022 - 5:25 pm
- Soft Life27 November 2022 - 4:57 pm
- Elections27 November 2022 - 4:38 pm
- New Lease of Life27 November 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Strong together27 November 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Talented27 November 2022 - 4:00 pm