For a second time in a month, Murang'a Woman Representative Sabina Chege shed tears in public after a visit to the late Baby Pendo's home in Nyalenda slums, Kisumu County.
In a photo seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the women in their white and pink attire are seated inside the house and a sombre mood seems to have engulfed the premises as Sabina wipes her tears using a scarf.
The woman rep was visiting Baby Pendo's home alongside the Embrace Kenya team, led by Kisumu Woman Representative Rosa Buyu.
Baby Pendo, a six-month-old infant died after anti-riot police unleashed brutal force on demonstrators who protested the 2017 presidential results.
Her parents narrated that she was hit on the head by police officers who stormed their house after they refused to open the door.
On June 13, the lawmaker shed tears again after being heckled during a public rally in her backyard.
In a video that made rounds on social media, Ms Chege was heard begging the crowd to listen to her. However, her plea fell on deaf ears as they kept chanting Deputy President William Ruto's name.
"I swear if you were sent by somebody. I beseech you as your county mother, do not disrespect me in front of my guests," she implored amidst tears.
It took the intervention of other female leaders who had attended the rally dubbed 'Embrace' for her to continue with her speech, uninterrupted.
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am