Deputy President, William Ruto, met the Harambee Stars sports captain, Victor Wanyama, on Thursday at his Karen office, Nairobi.
The discussion centered around identifying and grooming football talent in Kenya.
"Strengthening the sports industry through adequate resource mobilisation and infrastructure development is key to ensuring youths excel in sport and earn a decent living," read part of a post by the Deputy President on Facebook.
Ruto stated that he would support efforts that promote scouting and sporting talent.
The DP also endorsed the forthcoming Wanyama Roya Cup tournament, in which hundreds of boys and girls are expected to compete in a three-day youth tournament.
He noted that winners would be awarded uniforms, medals, certificates of participation and cash prizes.
Wanyama had been accompanied by some of his family members among them; MacDonald Mariga and Thomas and others.
Reports indicated that the Harambee Stars captain was also critiqued over the national team's performance at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Kenya lost 2-0 to Algeria, defeated Tanzania 3-2, and lost 3-0 against Senegal in the match.
The team suffered a blow, which saw them back home.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am