Gospel singer James Ngaita Ngigi, famously known as Jimmy Gait, on Wednesday, revealed why he has been out of the limelight for a while.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, a frail-looking Gait saddened fans when he disclosed his struggle with his deteriorating health.
The musician who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke confirmed that he has been battling a throat condition for the past three months.
"I know for a while I have not been able to talk to you, I've been out of social media for about three months and a lot of people have been wondering," he began.
"I have decided to come to you today to let you know that I have not been well. I have been battling with a condition and gone to quite a number of hospitals and it has been decided that I have to go out of the country for special treatment," he stated.
The musician further stated that he would be travelling to India in the course of the week, for his surgery and was hopeful that it would be successful.
"As I prepare to travel this week, I believe in God that all will be well," he assured his fans.
In his caption of the video, Gait promised to keep his fans updated on his progress while undergoing treatment.
He affirmed, "The state of my mind right now is paramount to a successful surgery and recovery! I shall keep you posted on every move. I totally love you all, from my heart."
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm
- Ruto's Call28 January 2022 - 4:45 pm
- turned down28 January 2022 - 4:26 pm
- Debts28 January 2022 - 3:49 pm